Hi I am Julie, but I love when people call me Jules!
Now let me share some other things
- This one might be obvious by my header photo, I am a twin. Not as obvious, I am six inches taller than her.
- I graduated from the University of Vermont in 2014 with a bachelors degree in Math/Statistics and now work in a tech company.
- I love New England and have lived in Mass, Vermont and now New Hampshire!
- This past summer (2016) I got a chocolate lab puppy and she completes me. I didn’t classify myself as an adult until I could successfully take care of myself and a dog.
- I can eat a whole box of cheez-its with no shame.
- Taco Tuesdays are very important to my boyfriend and I.
- Suits is my favorite TV show currently, but I am open to watching anything anytime.
- Now for running, I have been running most of my life, but growing up I did it to stay in shape for soccer.
- Once I started working full time I became more dedicated and serious about running. My competitive side was awakened again.
- I ran my first marathon in 2014 in Napa California. I trained myself and didn’t have a watch but ran a 3:42.
- I qualified for Boston last year at the Sugarloaf Marathon with a time of 3:33:09 and the same day I met my puppy for the first time and landed a dog friendly apartment. Can you say best day ever?
- I missed getting into the 2017 Boston marathon by 18 seconds.
- I returned to Napa in 2017 to redeem myself and ran a 3:20:15 PR. I am still overjoyed and can’t believe it.
- I started volunteering for Girls on the Run this spring (2017) as a coach and have continued into the fall!
- I am an RRCA certified running coach and have been coaching athletes since July 2017, it truly is my passion!
- Marathon: 3:20:15 (3:42 –> 3:33 –> 3:20)
- Half Marathon: 1:33:25 (1:47 –> 1:42 –> 1:39 –> 1:34:54 –> 1:33:25)
- 10 miler 1:11:08 (1:12:56 –> 1:11:08 –> 1:08:30)
- 5 miler: 34:31
- 10k: 43:03
- 5k: 19:07 (20:30 –> 19:07)
2017 Race Plans
- Cape Elizabeth 10 miler February 5th –> PR 1:12:56
- Napa Valley Marathon March 5th –> PR 3:20:15
- Half Marathon Unplugged April 8th–> PR 1:34:54
- Portsmouth Half Marathon April 22nd –> PR 1:33:25
- Vermont City Marathon May 28th –> 3:59:50 with the Twin!
- Beach to Beacon 10k August 5th –> PR 43:03
- NH 10 Miler –> PR 1:11:08
- BT Race for a Cause 5k –> PR 19:07
- Chicago Marathon October 8th –> 3:23:15
- Jingle Bell Half December 10th –> DNS
2018 Race Plans
- Cape Elizabeth 10 miler February 2018 –> 1:08:30 PR!
- Boston Marathon April 16th