This past week has been relaxing and amazing. It’s always hard to not run and to hold myself back but I know the break will make me better and ready for the next training cycle!
To occupy my time I have been reading, playing with dogs and eating. A lot! I mean work consumes my time as well, but that’s not fun to talk about.
Last night, I tried a new Italian place in Portsmouth that just opened up. I will explain my food with pictures because that’s the most important part.
I left so full but SO happy! I love when people say it doesn’t matter that you ate so much, you run all the time! Yeah but I have tallied zero miles this week and my exercise is walking to my car into the office and from my couch to the refrigerator, but I am not complaining. Anyway, anyone in Portsmouth New Hampshire should give this a try, it did not disappoint.
At dinner my friend and I caught up on a lot, but we also talked about our dreams and new goals. Things that make us happy and how we can lead a rewarding life and one we don’t look back on with regrets. Yes, it was deep, we tend to have those conversations 🙂
It really got me thinking though. I mean what else is there to do when you aren’t running? Think about running, plan new races, think more about running… haha. Seriously though, my passion is coaching and I can’t wait to take steps to get there this year, but I also just love to run. I love striving for new goals and seeing if I can reach them. They might be scary and impossible at first, but what if you reach them? How awesome would that feel? That is why I never limit myself, I am reasonable though and know that some goals take a while.
Thinking about goals can be scaring, but saying them out loud that’s a whole different story! To me, that is my verbal commitment to take a chance and try to get there. I will do whatever I can. If I fail or don’t achieve them the first time that’s okay, but I have to give it a shot right? So here goes! Here are my goals for the remainder of the year.
- Run a PR Half, ideally around 1:35
- Run between 3:10 and 3:15 marathon in Chicago
- Become a certified coach & start my own online coaching business
- Take risks with my blog and see where it takes me!
Some of these really scare me but I want to see what I am capable of with and without running!
Now for some Friday surprises:
- I got into the popular 10k in Maine called Beach to Beacon and am so excited to experience it. Without knowing what to think, I have expectations it will be like the Falmouth Road Race in Mass that I love!!
- Hungry Runner Girl Mentioned my Napa Race performance in her Friday Running accomplishment section today. I am such a huge fan of hers, I have been over the moon all day! I look up to her and all she has accomplished with her blog and her life, and she wants to get into coaching too! I think we should be friends 🙂
That’s all for now, happy Friday!!